We Help You Find a Certified Professional
If you're a homeowner in metro Atlanta, RIS Roofing Supply is dedicated to helping you find the right roofing company for your project. With a roofing contractor locator tool and tips on what questions to ask, you can arm yourself with the information needed to find a certified roofing specialist.
When it comes to home repairs, installing a new roof is a significant investment that requires careful decisions about which roofing company you will trust with your project. You want the job done properly, and you want the roofing professional to guarantee the work. We can connect you to metro Atlanta roofing companies that meet strict requirements and our high standards, such as these:
- Committed to customer service, business stability, and high-quality work
- Carry all required state and local licenses
- Hold at least $1 million in general liability insurance
- Remain in good standing with the Better Business Bureau
- Stay current on latest industry standards and technology
- Certified to offer Owens Corning's various warranties and coverages
Questions to Ask a Roofing Contractor
Once you've created a list of potential roofing companies to interview, take time to ask detailed questions about what type of service you should expect and how the company will perform your job. Whether you choose an Owens Corning Preferred/Platinum Preferred Roofing Contractor or another roofing company, make sure they carry proper insurance, comply with local codes, offer additional warranty and workmanship coverage, use high-quality materials and provide written estimates. And you'll always want a list of references to call about their work. These are additional questions to ask roofing contractors:
- Will they perform a thorough inspection of the entire roofing system, including deck, attic, flashing, chimney, soil stacks and other roof penetrations?
- Will they install additional underlayment to help prevent ice damming, wind-driven rain and collected water from damaging your roof's wood deck and interior parts of your home?
- Are they familiar with and will they follow manufacturer's specifications when applying roofing products so as not to void your manufacturer's warranty?
- Will they explain your warranty and what steps you need to take if shingles are defective, for example?
- Will they check for adequate ventilation in the attic so as to avoid shingle damage that can invalidate your manufacturer's warranty?
- Will they offer a thorough explanation of how your roofing system works and how all parts work together so you can make informed decisions?
Print this checklist to use during your research process. And if you have any questions, please visit one of our metro Atlanta showrooms conveniently located in Atlanta, Cartersville, Cumming and Suwanee, or contact us today.
Select your county below so we can find the right roofing professional for you.